Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Harley Baker Author Interview


Hey Everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful New Year. Well to bring in the New Year the first thing that is going to be on Ashley’s Addictive Book Blog is the none other Awesome Erotic Author Harley Baker. If you have been following us all week you already know a little about Harley. Harley writes erotic novels with happy ever after’s at the ends. I have come to love her work and Can’t wait to get my hands on more of her work I hope she continues to write more many more years to come! So without further more babbling from me I give you Harley Baker Author of A Billionaire’s Crush , Do you Trust Me?, And The Billionaire’s Plumber.  

When and why did you begin writing?

When I was a little girl, I always had a pen and paper in hand. I wrote letters to my parents that they still have to this day usually informing them of some injustice I had suffered like my sister getting more ice cream than me. Santa got a handwritten letter each year from me that I had painstakingly pored over again and again because I was just sure that he would put me on the naughty list for not writing well. Isn't it ironic that these days I am perpetually on the naughty list and rather enjoy it! Wink ;)

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

When my first check arrived and it was more than $2.75, which is what I predicted I would earn. But even better than money is the feeling that comes from being told someone spent their very own precious time and money on my books, and they are glad they did because my stories resonated with them. That is a truly remarkable thing for a gal's heart to experience. I could very well see myself getting addicted to that sort of thing.

 What inspired you to write your first book?

One of my very first book crushes was on Encyclopedia Brown! Once I picked up the first one, I was hooked! I forced myself to finish every story before I looked in the back for the solutions. Mimicking Donald J. Sobol, I would write my own short stories, and then see if other people could solve the mysteries. My first published book was Two Friends and a Bartender. There was no happily ever after in that story. It is just raunchy sex with a stranger and your bff in the alley outside your local watering hole. Ya know normal stuff! Sometimes you just get a hankering for short hot smut! Wink ;)

 Do you have a specific writing style?

I work very hard to ensure that my plots are sturdy and realistic. Even though I write shorts, I hope the reader will get lost in the story and have a wonderful time!

 How did you come up with the title?

The Billionaire's Crush just occurred to me as I finished up the ending because that's what Chuck and Lucy's romance feels like.

Do You Trust Me? Got in my head as Graham asked Jade the same question. I thought, "Yep, there's my title!"

The Billionaire's Plumber came to me rather quickly and easily. Toni started out as Victor's plumber, and she considered it a source of pride, not embarrassment, that she was a hardworking single mother. That’s part of what Victor finds so irresistible about her.

 Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Oh yeah! Definitely! Wink ;)

 How much of the book is realistic?

Well, I never dated a billionaire, but I'm not ruling out the possibility. In fact, I wonder if any are reading this.

Now I love music just as much as reading, I normally listen to music while I am reading. Do you think that you characters have theme songs? What would they be?

Toni--Bring Me to Life by Evanescence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM

Victor--Rabiosa by Shakira featuring Pitbull https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdFnKcmOHk

Lucy --Bubbly by Colbie Caillat   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWGqoCNbsvM

Chuck--I'm Yours by Jason Mraz  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

Jade --California Girls by Katy Perry and Snoop Dog  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57P9C4SAW4

Graham--Bent by Matchbox 20  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969RAKkYESU

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

So many! Just to name a few: George R. R. Martin, Judy Blume, and Beverly Cleary. Nicholas Sparks is superb! J.K. Rowling is an unbelievably good story teller. Selena Kitt is living my dream! And my weirdest favorite author is Raminar Dixon.

What book are you reading now?

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin I will be jumping with anticipation for book 6 as soon as I finish it, so I'm reading it very slowly.

 What are your current projects?

I am currently working on the sequel to The Billionaire's Crush. I cannot wait to find out what happens when Chuck and Lucy return home with their news.

 Do you see writing as a career?

Most definitely! That's all I do around the clock, write, edit, publish, repeat. It's a great life for me.

 Who designed the covers?

I have a good friend who does the covers for me, but he won't let me tell you his name. He's afraid a person he knows would find out he's doing it. Let's just say his career is polar opposite to publishing erotica. Wink ;)

 Which comes first? The character's story, or the idea for the novel?

It has happened to me both ways. In Do You Trust Me? The story came first, but in the other two, I saw the characters first. As for Victor, I don't think I'll ever get his sexy voice out of my head.

 What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?

It's not as easy as some make it out to be, but if you are willing to work hard and learn lots of new stuff about the changing publishing industry, it can work.

I just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to answer these for my readers and I. I look forward to seeing more work from you in the future.

Well there you have it Harley Baker tells us what it is like to be an author and what it has taken her to become one herself. I just want to say I have enjoyed this week getting to know Harley and I have also ejoyed working with her and look forward to working with her more in the future! I hope you all enjoy your New Year’s Day I know I have. click the link below if you want to get this awesome 3-pack bundle

Ashley Haines

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment